Sunday, February 9, 2014

It's okay to say No

We live in a culture that seems to be afraid to say "no" to their children.  I have read so many parenting books/articles/blogs that seem to give the advice that saying no to your child is horrible and that your child need to be able to make choices on their own or just generally it's a bad idea to say no to them.  To me, this has always been very difficult to understand this philosophy.  Yes, there are times that instead of saying the words "No" to my children, I will say other things that essentially mean "No" but I believe it is so important for kids to have boundaries in place and NEED boundaries in place.  Today I read a blog post that I thought hit the nail on the head on this topic and I wanted to post the link on here because I think it is so important and right on.

Here's the link:
What Really Happens When We Give Kids Everything They Want

No comments:

Post a Comment