Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Stretched too thin

Today was one of those where I wanted to throw in the towel.  ENOUGH!  ALL DONE!!  Ooh, I was tempted.  It was one of those days where I just really felt defeated as a parent, ever have those days??  What I wouldn't GIVE to be able to lay on the floor and kick and scream like 2 of my 3 children decided to do today.  There's probably something about that release of emotion that is freeing.  At least I tell myself that when I watch my boys (or mostly my 4.5 year old) do this over and over today.

I took on a teaching job at my former school today.  A school where I worked for 9 years,  a school that eventually lead me to quit my job and stay at home with my kids and just do subbing here and there.  It was a rough day.  A day that reminded me just why I quit my job there.  Driving home to pick up my boys from the baby-sitters, I was trying to shake off the feelings of defeat as it was a tough tough day and I just felt really down.  I just wanted to get home to see my kids.  Being around them and hugging them after not seeing them all day always does something to my soul.  When I got to the baby-sitter, I go right up to T and ruffle up his hair.  He turns and takes one look at me and melts down yelling and crying, "I don't want to go! I don't want to go!".  He keeps saying this as he is slithering all over the floor.  I was SO embarrassed!  But also on the verge of tears.  I had to carry him out to the car (remember, he is 4.5, I'm not talking about my nearly 2 year old).  Hello son, happy to see you too!

Just one of those days where I feel like I just am not making it in any of the areas of my life.  I hate feeling like this and praying that when I wake up tomorrow, it will be a fresh new day.  A new start.  It can only get better right?

No comments:

Post a Comment